Petonik.com is a social network for pet owners and lovers of wildlife and nature. On this website you can find real friends and like-minded people, talk about you and your pet and learn more about the fascinating world that we live in.
Petonik’s services let you tell your friends and acquaintances about the everyday life of your pet, search for friends and their pets, keep a blog about your pets, add photos to show what you do every day, tag the locations where you spend your time, participate in interesting promotions, contests and much more.
We think that we know everything about our pets, but in fact they have many surprises in store for us. The Petonik project can be a second home for anybody who is interested in the animal world and is seeking new experiences and inspiring conversation.
The main feature of Petonik is a separation of profiles between owners and his/her pets, with the number of pet profiles unlimited. Within the created pages users can create photo albums, publish blogs, add videos, and talk in group chats.
Petonik offers its users a unique system, supplementing the common search for people with a search for pet breeds. This function is especially useful if a user wants to find new friends and like-minded people.
Technical advantages of Petonik new version
The main idea of the new version of Petonik.com is to create a fully interactive website that allows offline work using modern browsers for entering and editing content.
- Offline work. The application uses local storage that lets you edit and view website content without Internet access. The data is synchronized when the connection is recovered.
- One-page application. The client loads just one time per session, and all new data is requested without completely reloading the code.
- By using the local storage you can view any changes right after entering the edited data in all the places where this data can appear. Thus, an edited article title is shown immediately in the article, all the menus and previews.
- Inline editing allows you to keep better track of changes to the website.
- Sequential synchronization with remote storage allows users to send data from the server when it is modified, thus if a user makes changes to an article while another user has this article open, the text of the article will change without the necessity of a repeated request.
- High speed of work with previously loaded data. Special architectural solutions mean that repeated data transfer is not necessary. This website is developed so that the transfer and rendering of data is implemented only if the data is changed. This allows all previously viewed content to be navigated quickly, even without an Internet connection. This option is useful with slow and unreliable channels, because momentary Internet interruptions are inevitable for users.
- Special plug-in architecture provides many opportunities for interface customization. Users can change the position of blocks at his/her discretion, select the most interesting informers, select the way to perform the operation (turn on or off the inline editor, open previews etc.). This option enables inexperienced users to be provided with a more detailed interface, while experienced users will be able to disable unnecessary details. Moreover, the tools and informers selection feature has good prospects for monetization, because part of the informers can be provided on a monetary basis.
- Client-server application component architecture enables costs to be dramatically reduced for developing new ways of presenting or inserting new data types.
- Mash-up forms is an inline editing and architecture form that allows different data received from different resources to be edited in one interface. The user has no need to search for where the data attached to the announcement came from, because he/she can edit it directly in the announcement interface.
Overall, this Petonik version is a modern application that let’s inexperienced users easily get started, while experienced users can use the website as an effective method of communication, including using mobile devices with an unreliable Internet connection.